Call for Applications: Awards Adjudicators
November 27, 2020
The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) is seeking applications from engaged individuals interested in being a part of the adjudication process for STLHE’s awards. Adjudicators are key in recognizing and rewarding outstanding educators and students for their incredible achievements in the post-secondary sector.
Volunteer positions are currently open for the following awards: the 3M National Teaching Fellowship Award, 3M National Student Fellowship, the D2L Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning, and the Alan Blizzard Award. Members can only serve on one adjudication committee at a time.
- Confidentially reviewing and evaluating applicants’ nomination materials against the published criteria and submitting completed rubrics.
- Meeting virtually with fellow adjudicators to work toward consensus until unanimously agreeing on who will be selected as recipients of an award.
- Providing useful critical feedback for each nomination package for applicants to improve upon if having not been selected.
Responsibilities may vary slightly per Award.
Criteria for Applicants
- STLHE member-in-good-standing
- Not a current director on the STLHE Board
- Willingness to commit the time necessary to review and evaluate applicants, as well as select recipients
- Strong attention to detail
- Open and willing to collaborate in a positive manner
Term of Appointment
Committee members have a three-year term with up to one-year renewal at the discretion of the STLHE Board. Student members must be a current student for their duration or will end their term early or transition to another role on the Committee.
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering for an adjudicator position and your background meets the stated criteria and responsibilities above, please complete this form before November 27, 2020.