SoTL Canada 2020 Elections
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Attention: Please submit your nominations by April 24, 2020
Dear SoTL Canada Members,
It is election time for the SoTL Canada Executive and two positions are open:
- Advisor on Student Engagement
Each position’s term of office is two years, with a maximum of two consecutive terms, beginning June 2020.
Any member of SoTL Canada may self-nominate or nominate an individual they believe ideal for the posted positions.
To nominate a candidate or yourself, we ask that you verify that the nominee:
- Is willing to run for the position;
- Is a member in good standing of SoTL Canada (or will be at the time of application);
- Will be able to attend the SoTL Canada Annual General Meeting (at the annual Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education conference held annually in June; please note that the 2020 conference has been cancelled) and communicate electronically with general and executive members throughout their term; and
- Is aware that the time and expenses associated with attending the Annual General Meeting of SoTL Canada, to be held during the Annual STLHE Conference (details for the 2020 meeting are pending at this time due to extenuating circumstances), is the responsibility of the incumbent.
Additionally, candidates for the Chair position should verify that they:
- Will be able to attend the STLHE face-to-face Board meetings (typically held in December and prior to STLHE in June). Limited financial support may be available by STLHE for Board meetings.
Submit to the Nominations Chair (contact information below) a photograph, short biography and statement indicating their interest in the position (maximum 250 words) by April 24th, 2020.
Nomination packages are due Friday April 24th, 2020 at midnight (PDT) to the Elections Chair.
SoTL Canada operates on a peer leadership model, with members encouraged to join a committee and contribute to its goal. Of the elected executive positions (each for a 2 year term, renewal once), two are open in this election:
Chair: Provides overall guidance to the executive and chairs SoTL Canada executive meetings (approximately 9 per year); develops and contributes to special projects and initiatives as needed; sits on STLHE Board of Directors and speaks on behalf of the membership; attends monthly, online STLHE Board meetings plus face-to-face meetings in December and before STLHE in June.
Advisor on Student Engagement: Must be a student member of STLHE; liaises with TAGSA; contributes to special projects and initiatives as needed; attends SoTL Canada executive meetings (approximately 9 per year) and the AGM.
For more information about the executive positions of the SoTL Canada SIG, visit the website at: http://www.stlhe.ca/special-interest-groups/scholarship-of-teaching-and-learning-canada/
Please send all nominations and inquiries to the elections chair: Jeni Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org). The subject line must be titled SoTL Canada Elections Nomination Package.
Elections will open after all nominations have been received – additional information will follow at that time.
Thank you for your interest and contributions to SoTL Canada.
SoTL Canada Elections Committee
Lisa Endersby and Jeni Spencer