Educational Developers Caucus (EDC)
The EDC is a constituency of STLHE that defines itself as a community of practice with a mission to work within the aims and structure of the STLHE. The goal is to facilitate the advancement and evolution of educational development as a field of practice and scholarship by communications, networking, professional development opportunities and advocacy strategies.
- To strengthen the position of STLHE as the professional/academic organization of choice for educational developers, and particularly for those practicing in Canada.
- To pursue the aims of STLHE with particular attention to their application in educational development contexts.
- To provide leadership in the professionalization of the educational development role.
- To foster the advancement and evolution of educational development as a field of practice and scholarship.
- To create a national forum where emerging and problematic educational development issues can be candidly discussed.
- To create a collegial network within which information, strategies, and resources can be shared.
- To facilitate communication among educational developers who are members of STLHE.
- To provide professional development opportunities for experienced, new and potential educational developers.
- To advocate, through STLHE, for educational development issues at a national level.
Your EDC membership connects you to an engaged and generous community of professional peers while also offering you a number of valuable individual benefits.
Membership in EDC requires both an EDC membership and a membership in the overall STLHE. EDC membership is renewed annually.
To become an EDC member, update your membership profile through the STLHE portal.
For information about the EDC, please visit https://edc.stlhe.ca/.
If you would like to subscribe to the list serv, contact the list coordinator, Vice-Chair Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.